Can I have more hours in the day, please?
I need to take more pictures of food. And read my copy of Plate to Pixel so they turn out beautifully.
I need to lay in bed all day telling stories to my daughter. Because its straight up cozy and fun.
There is an endless amount of cleaning to be done around my house. Every time I wash the sheets I forget to put them in the dryer until way too close to bed time.
I need the day to be long enough to require a fourth meal. I would choose to fill that need with this sandwich.
Chicken, cheese, and roasted red peppers get smothered in pesto and stuffed into crusty bread. Please tell me you’re enjoying those words. How could you not?
You can use any kind of cooked chicken you prefer here. It gets an extra dose of juicy by being covered with pesto and cheese.
Crunchy. Melty. Flavorful. Take an hour out of your busy schedule to savor this sandwich.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cooked
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cut the ciabatta into four equal pieces, then cut the pieces in half horizontally. For each sandwich, take 1 tablespoon of pesto and spread it evenly in the top and bottom of the loaf.
- To build the sandwich, place one slice of provolone on the bottom piece of bread. Top that with a couple chicken tenders, followed by a few slices of red pepper. Place a second piece of cheese on top and cover with the other half of the bread.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.