There’s nothing more refreshing at an afternoon barbecue than a cold cocktail. Whether you’re pregnant, underage, or just trying to avoid alcohol, you might feel a little left out amidst the mojitos and margaritas. While there are many options for fancy virgin cocktails, I wanted to bring you a few easy recipes you can put together with just a few store bought ingredients. You don’t always have time to boil blueberry mint syrup for your cocktail and you shouldn’t have to in order to enjoy a refreshing drink.
Any of these cocktails are beautiful garnished with the freshness of summer. Think lime wedges, orange slices, mint leaves, or the classic maraschino cherry. Get creative and mix things up with your favorite flavor of juice or soda, or be adventurous and try a new flavor. What I have listed below are my favorites but the possibilities are almost endless. You don’t need alcohol to have fun at your summer barbecue, but you will need a drink!
- 100% juice such as grape, cranberry, or a mix (I used V8 Splash Pomegrante Blueberry)
- Ginger ale
- Fill a glass ¾ of the way with juice. Top it off with ginger ale.
- Ginger ale
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Fill ¾ of the way with ginger ale. Add three splashes of grenadine, or to taste. Stir slightly.
- Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- Maraschino Cherries and their juice
- Put a couple maraschino cherries in the bottom of a mason jar or other large glass. Fill with ice. Fill ¾ of the way with lemon-lime soda. Add 2 teaspoons of grenadine and 1 teaspoon of maraschino cherry juice. Stir slightly. Add a few more cherries to the top.