My kids looooove pasta.
Hot, cold, buttered, sauced, you name it and my kids will eat it. Baked mac and cheese, spaghetti aglio olio, and fettuccini alfredo are classic favorites around here. Melissa Barlow saw how much kids love pasta too and created Noodlemania!, a cookbook serving up 50 fun recipes for adults and kids to prepare together.
I knew when I flipped through this book that the hot and crispy ravioli was for me. Fried ravioli is one of the most delicious and notoriously unhealthy foods on any restaurant menu. This recipe cleans it up a bit by baking the breadcrumb coated ravioli until its hot and crispy. Ravioli not your thing? This book also boasts cute salads dressed up to look like bugs and delectable desserts like cinnamon noodle ice cream sundaes.
While this cookbook was fun and imaginative, it didn’t quite fit the way my family currently eats (vegetarian, mostly whole foods) so I’m choosing to pass it on to one lucky reader along with a number of delicious pasta products to get you ready for dinner! If you win you’ll receive a copy of Noodlemania! as well as one box of Barilla penne, one box of Barilla whole grain spaghetti, one bottle of Alessi pesto, and one bottle of Alessi sundried tomatoes.
Update: This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Julie S. who won with her submission from following me on Twitter!
- 20 cheese ravioli
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions, drain, and let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, lay each ravioli flat and let dry.
- Beat the eggs and set aside. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip a ravioli in the egg and gently shake off the excess. Roll in the breadcrumb mixture until completely coated. Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until all ravioli are coated. Bake at 350ºF for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Served with warm marinara sauce.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Prizes will be shipped within the continental United States. The winner will be selected at random and contacted by email after the giveaway ends. The winner will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected. Prizes will be sent directly to the winner’s house. I received a copy of Noodlemania! for review and chose to pass it on to one reader along with these great pasta products. I have not been otherwise compensated and all opinions are my own.