This Honey Vanilla Summer Fruit Salad is simple and sweet!
Fruit for dessert – are we into this?
I’m afraid I have a very narrow, American view of what constitutes dessert. Cookies, cakes, and brownies will always hit the mark. But fruit, pudding, or those weird poached eggs they keep making on The Great British Baking Show? Ummm, no.
Still, you might consider this Honey Vanilla Summer Fruit Salad dessert, or better yet a side to enjoy at a picnic or backyard barbecue. And let’s not forget breakfast! If you have a morning sweet tooth it doesn’t get much better than a healthy, hearty serving of fruit before you roll into your day.
This Honey Vanilla Summer Fruit Salad is super sweet, which might even push it into the dessert category for me. Ripe summer fruit, raw honey, and the sweet smell of vanilla are all at the top of their game here. I like to top it with tangy Greek yogurt, my favorite granola, and maybe an extra drizzle of honey.
This Honey Vanilla Summer Fruit Salad is fun to customize! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use whatever fruit is ripe and delicious such as apples, pomegranate seeds, kiwi, or strawberry to enjoy this any time of year
- Use gluten-free granola or leave it off for a gluten-free treat
- If you’re vegan consider skipping the yogurt and leaving off the honey or trying maple syrup
- Use this as a topping for pound cake or angel fruit cake
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
- 1 nectarine
- 1 peach
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Plain whole milk Greek yogurt, optional
- Granola, optional
- Cut the nectarine and peach in half and remove the pits. Slice each half into three or four slices, then cut each slice into five or six chunks. Add the cut fruit and blueberries to a medium size bowl. Add the honey and vanilla extract and gently stir to combine. Serve as-is or top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of granola.
Nutrition facts do not include yogurt or granola.