1. Have you heard the new Dawes record? It’s so different! I’m like 50/50 on it. I really enjoy half the songs and the other half feel a little meh about. If it were by another band I’d probably think it’s just fine, but it’s so un-Dawes-like that I just really want some story songs!
2. We were supposed to take family pictures last Wednesday but it was raining. I was super disappointed because we seriously never get our picture taken and pushing it back makes it feel like it’s never gonna happen. We rescheduled for tonight, so keep your fingers crossed for us that it doesn’t rain again!
3. I found this post so helpful in planning our picture outfits. We are definitely not a white shirt and jeans family, so it was comforting to hear that we can just be ourselves.
4. I tried listening to My Favorite Murder on my nightly walks since Jeron and all our friends are talking about it, but it has been getting dark so early that I’ve been getting totally creeped out! I live in a great neighborhood so I really shouldn’t be scared at all, but it’s hard when you’re walking through some dark woods and they’re talking about somebody getting dismembered. Unsubscribed.
5. I started using Ibotta (<– referral link) because everyone has been talking about it and I wanted to save a few bucks. So far it’s pretty easy to use and I saved like twelve dollars on my first trip because you get $10 just for signing up!
6. We’re almost all the way through Game of Thrones! Season five was a total drag for me, but we’ve been blowing through two episodes a night so luckily it didn’t take too long and season six has been pretty good. We’re hoping to finish up tonight, don’t spoiler me, but let’s talk about all the things tomorrow!
7. We also managed to watch the movie Joy the other night. As two people who are self employed we found this movie excruciating. Like, no fun at all. I feel like it’s supposed to be uplifting but we just found it super stressful! Also, we may have gone into it thinking it was a mob movie (spoiler: it’s NOT, thanks trailers!).
8. My recipe for butternut squash and kale pizza was included in an e-cookbook for national kale day (that’s today)! Be sure to download it for lots of yummy kale recipes!
9. Will someone please give me an excuse to make chocolate bourbon bundt cake?!