1. I love sharing healthy recipes here because that is how I prefer to eat 80% of the time. Any less than that and I just feel sluggish and gross. I recently booked a few freelance jobs for dessert companies and, you guys, my freezer runneth over with processed sugar. What am I to do with all these goodies? I’m torn between hosting a blow out dessert party once a month and setting up a Facebook group for people who want to come and grab what they want. Who wants in?!
2. The dog got neutered this week and the cone they made him wear is some new form of hell. He keeps getting stuck on the couch and I feel like it amplifies his warm, stinky breath. We’re still about four days away from him getting it off. We can’t wait!
3. If you follow my Instagram stories, you’ll know that I frequently find Wiley sucking on a sriracha bottle like it was made for babies. Now she won’t let my Bengal Spice tea hit my lips because it belongs solely to her. What is with this girl?!
4. We lost a tree in a storm a couple weeks ago. My father-in-law kindly came and chopped it all up for us and stacked it next to our fire pit. Now I can’t wait for it to be warm enough to have fires!
5. Speaking of, I’m loooooving all this sunlight! I don’t know if Daylight Savings starts or ends in March, but I am INTO IT.
6. I’m starting to think about what to plant in my garden this year. I definitely need to move it because it didn’t get enough sun last year. Hopefully I can get more than five tomatoes for the year?!
7. Strummer had a crazy high fever this week. Luckily it only lasted a day and it meant I got to watch Ghostbusters 2 in the middle of the afternoon.
8. TV talk! Crashing was so uncomfortable but I’m really glad I listened to the episode of Pete Holmes’ podcast, You Made it Weird, where he talked about how it was based on a real dinner with his parents. Also still loving Girls and trying to make this season of Love last as long as possible. Are you watching Last Week Tonight with John Oliver? Because you should be. Funny, informative, and eye opening.
9. I just realized Easter is only a couple weeks away and I need to get on some basket business. What do you like to include in Easter baskets?
10. I just published a page on How to Start a Blog. If you’ve ever wanted to get into blogging, even if it’s not related to food, I hope this helps!