Taco Dip is an easy, flavorful dip that will disappear at every party!
Summer is made for parties.
Smoky grill smells. Twinkly patio lights. Lingering in the lawn chair until the last of the day’s light has disappeared. I love gathering with friends in the warm summer breeze over good food and icy beverages. We’ve hosted several get togethers already this season and I look forward to hosting many more. That is if anyone comes back – there may or may not have been an incident involving a fireball and our grill. Really, no big deal (sorry, John).
This taco dip is always a home run when it comes to party food. I have yet to see any go to waste. It is full of texture and spice and is easily customizable. Most people make this dip with mayo instead of cream cheese. Don’t even get me started on how gross that is. By using cream cheese you will keep this dish creamy, tasty, and safe for sitting out in the summer heat of your parties. You could add black olives, jalapenos, or any other vegetable you would ordinarily use to taco-fy your world. Add more or less taco seasoning to suit your taste and use a packaged seasoning if homemade isn’t your style.
An ice cold glass of homemade lemonade would be the perfect refreshment for the cayenne kick in the back of your throat. And now this is all I’m going to want for the rest of the day. Who wants to make this combo happen for me?
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
This taco seasoned dip disappears every time!
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the sour cream and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and combine on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and mix until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Spread the mixture on a large plate or platter and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and any other toppings you desire. Serve with tortilla chips.