My blogging buddy Courtney at NeighborFood is going to have a baby like any day now. Courtney is one of the sweetest, kindest, cutest bloggers I know and I can’t wait to see how that baby turns out (I’m thinking curly hair is a must).
Being pregnant myself, I know one of the things I miss at parties is the cocktails. While everyone else enjoys their gin and tonics, mojitos, and rum punch, I’m stuck feeling a little left out. I don’t even drink coffee or soda ever ever, so my options are way limited. Not only do you want your baby shower guest of honor to feel included, but boozy drinks probably wouldn’t be appropriate at a baby shower anyways.
Not only is this drink refreshing and sweet, but it’s also really good for you! Watermelon boasts all kinds of benefits. Watermelon is a good source of Vitamins A, C, and B6 as well as magnesium and potassium. I have personally found it helpful with heartburn and indigestion. It’s highly hydrating properties make it the ideal pregnancy and nursing beverage when you’re craving something other than plain water.
This drink is so easy and rivals any cocktail I’ve ever had. I think it is plenty sweet on it’s own, but if you prefer things sweeter or if you’re adding alcohol to the mix, you may want to add a little sugar or honey to the juice mixture.
A bunch of Courtney’s blogging friends have gotten together today to throw her a little baby shower featuring – what else – amazing food! Be sure to check out all the tasty links below, and of course stop by Courtney’s blog to show her some baby love!
1. Twix Millionaire Bars from Wallflour Girl
2. Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
3. Spicy Tahini Palmiers from Food Lust People Love
4. Cream Soda Peach Floats from Jelly Toast
5. Button Cookies from The Redhead Baker
6. No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream A Cookie Named Desire
7. Coconut Peach Slush from Heather’s Dish
8. Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Pie from Melanie Makes
9. Watermelon Lime Mocktail from The Live-In Kitchen
10. Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread from Namely Marly
11. Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca from Pineapple and Coconut
12. Easy Apple Tart from gotta get baked
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
This Watermelon Lime Mocktail is wholesome and refreshing!
- 1 ripe watermelon
- 2 limes
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Club Soda
- Vodka or Rum Optional
- Cut the watermelon in half and use a spoon to scoop the flesh out into a blender or food processor. Work in batches as necessary so as not to overfill your appliance. Process the watermelon until smooth, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze the juice through the towel into a large pitcher and repeat as necessary until you have the juice of the entire watermelon. Once you have all the watermelon juice, add the juice of the two limes and stir.
- To assemble the mocktails, fill a glass with ice. Pour watermelon juice about one third of the way up the glass. Take a few mint leaves in your hand and give it a good slap with your other hand to release the aroma. Add the mint leaves to the glass and top with club soda.
- For a boozy version, add a splash of vodka or white rum to the glass just before the club soda.