We’re hiring! Read on to find out if you might be a good fit to come work at The Live-In Kitchen.
Hey friends! It’s an exciting time over here at the blog, we’re hiring a blog assistant/social media manager to help move things into the fast lane as we head into the busiest blogging season of the year.
If you meet the qualifications below and have always wanted a job where you can work from home and set your own hours, this just might be for you!
A little bit about The Live-In Kitchen
The Live-In Kitchen is a food blog that shares easily customizable vegetarian and vegan recipes. We are always looking to create more recipes and resources for our community and maintain a presence on most major social media platforms. While you don’t need to be a vegetarian or vegan to apply, a general understanding of common recipes and ingredients in this niche would be helpful.
Blog Assistant/Social Media Manager Job Posting
Job overview: Blogging is an ever-changing, multi-faceted career. I’m looking for someone who can be my right hand, helping out in the areas where I fall short and helping to put systems and processes into place that will allow the business to continue to grow and be efficient. This includes social media management and blog post formatting.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week; deadlines need to be met but you are welcome to set your own hours as long as the work gets done. There is potential to increase hours as the business grows.
Location: Could be 100% remote but would love to find someone local to the La Crosse, Wisconsin area.
Compensation: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Start date: Sep 22, 2021or sooner
- Schedule social media posts to Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Analyze analytics on social media platforms and use this information to develop strategy
- Manage The Live-In Kitchen email list by crafting new emails in ConvertKit to go out 1-2 times per week
- Create graphics for Pinterest and other occasional needs
- Format blog posts in WordPress
- Write blog posts and social media copy
- Work as part of a team to develop, maintain, and update social media strategies within the company
We are willing to train the right candidate. However, these are the skills that would be the best fit for this position:
- You love social media and stay up to date with new features and trends
- You have an eye for graphic design as well as experience creating graphics and working in Photoshop or a similar program
- You are comfortable with technology and have experience with WordPress or other website maintenance
- You’re a self starter who can set your own schedule and get the job done
- You have an interest in food and a basic knowledge of cooking
- You have an eye for detail organization and can get the job done right while being efficient with your time
- You enjoy learning new skills and thrive in an ever changing environment
Bonus skills (would be nice, but not necessary):
- Experience managing professional social media accounts using tools such as Planoly and Tailwind
- An associates or bachelors degree in a related field such as communications, writing, or graphic design
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a brief resume of previous work experience and qualifications (it’s ok if they aren’t business related!) as well as desired hourly rate to [email protected]
Application deadline: Aug 15, 2021
You will be notified some time during the week of August 15th if you have been chosen to move forward in the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you for applying and we will keep your information on file for future opportunities.