These Cajun Tofu Wraps make a great vegetarian lunch idea!
Get ready to have your vegetarian lunch problems solved.
I generally stopped eating meat several years ago. Still, I’ve kept the few meat recipes I created long ago in the blog archives.
One of the more popular meat recipes on the site is my cajun chicken wraps. I was staring to miss them myself, so I thought I’d go ahead and put together a vegetarian version!
Cajun chicken wraps were one of those recipes I used to make at the deli in college. When I wasn’t eating a sample cup of caesar pasta salad and calling it lunch, I was probably making one of those wraps for myself and a hundred customers.
Tofu makes a simple swap for chicken. These cajun tofu wraps start with the cajun tofu I shared earlier this week. Make that on Sunday and you’ll have a few days worth of lunch ready to go for the week.
If you’ve been wondering what to make for lunch without deli meats or meaty leftovers, these wraps are definitely the answer! They’re loaded with protein, flavor, and no mushy texture.
There are several components to these wraps. The tofu is pressed, marinated, and baked to keep it firm and flavorful.
The leafy greens and tomatoes are placed on a blanket of provolone cheese which helps cool off the spiciness and adds heartiness to the sandwich. I always choose a high fiber wrap because they’re delicious and full of protein.
I threw a spring lettuce mix in there along with a few microgreens and summer’s best tomatoes, but feel free to use whatever vegetables you love in a sandwich.
And finally, let’s talk about that luscious cajun ranch sauce. That’s right, as if there wasn’t already loads of cajun seasoning in the marinated tofu, we’re taking it up a notch by mixing it right into our ranch dressing.
Pro tip – enjoy any leftover cajun ranch with tortilla or potato chips for an easy, spicy, satisfying dip. If you were tempted to put it on pizza, contact me, because we might be best friends.
These cajun tofu wraps can be easily customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Leave off the cheese and use a vegan ranch and wrap for a vegan version
- Use a gluten-free wrap to make this gluten-free
- Add your favorite veggies such as thinly sliced red onion, radish, or shredded carrot
- Make a mash up of this wrap filling and the best veggie sandwich
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Cajun Tofu Wraps
- 3 high fiber whole grain wraps
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 beefsteak tomato sliced
- 1 cup spring lettuce mix
- 1 recipe Cajun tofu
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1.5 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- Microgreens optional
- Lay out the tortillas and place two slices of cheese slightly overlapping in the center of each. Top with tomato slices, a small handful of lettuce, and 4-5 slices of tofu.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ranch and cajun seasoning until completely combined. Drizzle over the tofu to taste and top with a few microgreens if desired.
- Fold up the bottom half of the tortilla, fold in the sides, and roll up tightly to serve.