These are some trendy little sandwiches.
It seems like sliders are everywhere these days. The popular sandwich size fits the American spirit surprisingly well, I think because people feel ok eating four or five of them at a time. Truth be told I wasn’t really trying to be trendy, I was trying to be easy. Baking the meatloaf in muffin tins portions the patties out perfectly without too much fuss.
My favorite part of having meatloaf is the sandwich the next day. Am I the only one? Who am I kidding, I don’t even really like meatloaf at all the first day. I figured why not jump to the chase and just turn them into sliders? Of course there had to be cheese involved, and its beautifully nestled in the middle of the meat.
If you’re just itching to melt more cheese somewhere on this sandwich, you’re on the right track.
Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf Sliders
- 1 recipe Trinity Meatloaf
- 12 cherry sized fresh mozzarella balls or brick mozzarella,, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 whole wheat slider rolls,, toasted if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the meatloaf recipe up through the point of mixing all the ingredients together. Divide the mixture in half. Press one half of the mixture into the bottom of the muffin tins. Place one mozzarella ball in the center of each tin. Top with the remaining half of the meat mixture, pressing it down into the pan. Spoon tomato sauce evenly over the top of each slider.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the sliders are cooked through. Serve on slider rolls.