These Crispy Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cereal Bars will please grown ups and kids alike!
What stands to be the biggest two months of change in my life so far began over the weekend. By the end of October my family will have moved into a new house, hopefully found a new church, and welcomed a new baby into our arms. We stand nervous and excited about all of this change, just ready to make it happen.
It all began on Sunday when we attended our current church for the last time. It was very emotional to worship and fellowship with that group of people for the last time (for now). My husband’s family has been a part of that church for generations, and it certainly wasn’t an easy decision to move on.
On a lighter note, much of the treats you see on the blog ended up in the bellies of the congregation. Until we find a new church home, I may need someone to come take all of these cookies, bars, and cakes off my hands. Any volunteers?
These bars stand a mile high and are such a simple treat. Marshmallow lends sweetness while peanut butter adds richness. The cereal base makes them all too snack worthy. Can we talk about sprinkles for a minute? I never understood sprinkles until I received a package of these chocolate sprinkles from King Arthur Flour in my ENJOY subscription. Turns out I was just ingesting cheap sprinkles all these years. These pack a powerful chocolate flavor where a little goes a long way (not that I would ever use just a little). I’m not gaining anything by promoting them, they’re just really, really good.
So are these bars. Go for it!
Crispy Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 20 ounces marshmallows,, mini or large
- 1 cup smooth,, all-natural peanut butter
- 9 cups corn chex
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat until just browned. Stir the butter occasionally as it foams, crackles, and turns brown. Add the marshmallows and peanut butter and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth and completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cereal. Stir quickly, coating the cereal entirely in the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out with a spatula. Add a coating of sprinkles to the top and allow to cool completely before cutting. The bars will keep, well wrapped, at room temperature for up to 4 days.