While I don’t often eat boxed cake nowadays, growing up it was the only way to go. Usually it was chocolate around our house, maybe the occasional yellow cake. Parties would often surface a secret favorite of mine – funfetti.
Do they make funfetti frosting differently than they used to? I seem to remember soft candy chips hidden throughout, now there are sprinkles involved. Maybe its a brand thing. Anyways, the child in me was pretty excited about making these funfetti cookies.
These seriously couldn’t be easier. Add a few staple ingredients to the boxed mix, arrange them on a cookie sheet, and wait for the house to smell like cake. Once they’re cooled you frost them with the canned frosting and you have a portable little cake treat.
These turned out to be very cute little cookies that I was happy to share with my church family. They also made my house smell heavenly; there’s nothing like the smell of cake baking!
- 1 package funfetti cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can funfetti frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs. Stir until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. With the bottom of a glass dipped in flour, flatten each ball to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool one minute, then remove from cookie sheet to cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies and sprinkle with candy bits from frosting.