These Parmesan Potato Rounds are a crunchy, flavorful alternative to french fries!
One of my favorite childhood memories is the smell of the grill on a cool summer evening.
I would carefully inspect the sap seeping out of the boards on our deck while my dad manned the burgers on the grill. My mom’s job was to patty the meat, prepare the condiments, and produce an appropriate side dish. I adored the crispy crinkle cut fries that emerged first from the freezer, then from the oven, and would dip them in the ketchup/mustard mixture that would drip from my juicy (never, ever pink) burger.
As an adult I can’t often bring myself to purchase these crisp, delicious fries. My gut yearns for something a little more natural, so I created these flavorful parmesan potato rounds in their stead. Serve them alongside your favorite juicy burger or grilled chicken and a green salad.
Parmesan Potato Rounds
- 6 baby red potatoes,, sliced into thin discs
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Parsley,, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with olive oil spray and set aside.
- In a large plastic resealable storage bag, combine potatoes, flour, Parmesan, and panko. Seal the bag before carefully shaking and massaging it until the potatoes are completely coated. Transfer coated potatoes to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then spray the top lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 45 minutes, flipping the potatoes once halfway through. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley and serve.