This Pistachio Pesto Chicken with Spaghetti is so good, you won’t be able to stop eating it!
Hold on to your taste buds – things are about to take off!
Remember last week when I shared this pistachio pesto? We’re going to use it to help a few chicken breasts fulfill their destiny.
My family had a busy and adventurous weekend. And while we had a ton of fun, sometimes we get into the mindset that vacation calories (and basic nutrition) don’t really count. So while my breakfast melt, white bread sandwich, and way. too. many. fritos. might have seemed like a good idea at the time, I’m craving some protein, fiber, and flavor.
Do I need to reiterate how amazing this pesto is? No because you should have already tried it by now and realized that it is the most delicious thing ever. Now we’re going to slice some chicken breasts in half to keep them super tender, bathe them in the pesto, and add everyone’s favorite carb, pasta.
Swap in whole wheat pasta for a little extra fiber and serve alongside a leafy green salad for a seriously flavor and nutrient packed meal. Nuts and olive oil are high in fat, but they’re the good kind of fat that will keep you feeling full longer while providing nutritional benefits.
If you need me, I’ll be right here for however long it takes me to eat the entire pan.
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Pistachio Pesto Chicken with Spaghetti
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,, halved horizontally
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pistachio pesto
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese,, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Spread a thin layer of pesto on top of each chicken breast, then place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, about 1/4 cup pesto, the red pepper flakes, and the grated pecorino romano. Once the chicken is done, remove from the oven and spread a little additional pesto on top. Serve alongside the pasta, sprinkling with additional pecorino roman cheese as desired.