1. Happy Monday! Or as I like to call it, “Day That’s Pretty Much Like All The Other Days.” We had a fairly relaxing weekend. I went to buy school supplies and realized we only really needed like two folders and a laminator. Which seemed slightly alarming, like we won’t get anything done if I don’t buy 40 more pencils and notebooks we won’t use.
2. Let’s not gloss over the fact that I bought a LAMINATOR. I should have done it two years ago but I figured better late than never. Now I’m probably going to laminate every little thing I can find just for fun.
3. There’s a new season of my favorite podcast! Real Talk Radio with Nicole Antoinette is full of long talks with really interesting people. She does things a little differently than most podcasts and releases an entire season all at once. This is both fun and frustrating because I want to listen to all of them right now! I only have about 30 minutes a day for podcasting though, so these will definitely last me a while. I need to bite the bullet and support the podcast so I can access all the bonus content.
4. We went to the beach again this week and didn’t die from e. coli, so that probably means there isn’t any fecal matter in the Mississippi River, right?? Let’s just say yes. More beach questions since I still don’t feel like I know what I’m doing – how do you get kids over the hot lava field that is the burning hot sand? The older ones can handle it but even with flip flops on Strummer is struggling to make it a few feet. I just can’t handle carrying two kids and the beach bag. Is there a better way???
5. I’m trying to get into Instagram stories, but I still just feel like WHY??? I have refused to use Snapchat up to this point because I don’t need one more thing sucking up my time. I figured I could incorporate Instagram’s new feature into my life, but I still don’t think I like it. It seems even more vapid than normal social media when I know it’s just going to disappear in 24 hours. And it’s so non-interactive that it feels like I’m putting on a show for myself. Is anyone really doing well with it? Talk me into it.
6. Are you watching the Olympics? I really love the competition and excitement but we don’t have cable so I’m stuck catching clips here and there. It’s a little depressing. Plus I noticed in the NBC Sports app on my phone that they title the clips with who won the race. Um, hello, that ruins the entire thing!
7. On a related note, I may have watched that French gymnast break his leg like five times. What is wrong with me???
8. The picture above is a behind the scenes shot from my first recipe video shoot that I shared on Instagram yesterday. Turns out East of Eden isn’t just a great read, it can also be used to weight things down!