1. We started school last week. I like to ease into it, not quite doing a full day’s workload for the first few days and just picking and choosing our favorite subjects or the most exciting new material. It can be really hard to go from all day every day fun to buckling down and doing school work, but the weather is cooling off and I think we’re all ready to get back at it. Plus starting this early gives us plenty of room from Christmas and other breaks!
2. I also took all four kids to well visits last week. Ohmygoodness were they full of shenanigans. Cas especially loved showing off and being silly for the doctor. Good news is everyone is in tip top shape!
3. Wiley is FINALLY starting to like solid food. I think she’s been craving texture all this time but wasn’t developmentally ready to chew and swallow it. Even though she only has two teeth still she’s managing with regular cut up table food and loves eating meals at the same time as everybody else in the family.
4. Wiley is also crawling all over the place! And I can’t remember how I ever survived this stage with three other babies. Stairs?! Tiny crumbs/bugs/hairs she finds on the floor and puts in her mouth?! Pulling books off shelves?! I’m losing it over here.
5. Remember when I used to post recipes? Hahahahaha. But seriously, I’m trying to be a more well rounded person and if I’m not in the mood to take a picture of something delicious, I’m just not going to do it!
6. Speaking of trying to do other things, I really need to get back into Pilates. Someone please talk me into it. Or better yet come to class with me. I still look very pregnant and it’s not a weight problem, it’s a muscle problem. No amount of dieting and beautiful scenic walks is going to help that. I should probably just love my body and all that jazz but I’d rather just not look pregnant!
7. I just finished reading The 4 Hour Work Week. Half of it was full of great ideas and the other half made that guy sound straight up crazy. I just don’t think it’s a practical option for everyone, like, if everyone decides to work only a couple hours a week, where will the doctors be? Or the trash collectors? Or Kanye West?
8. What I did enjoy about the book was it was very inspiring. I actually came up with a great business idea while reading it, but of course am having trouble executing it. There just aren’t enough hours in the day! It’s so hard to sit on a good idea when it’s all you can think about and how you want to spend every minute of your day.
9. I’m in a total dinner rut. Hit me with your fresh and healthy end of summer recipes!
10. In case you missed it, I created a video for my most popular recipe, Vegan Cookie Dough for One!