1. Do you have five minutes somewhere in your day? I often feel like I don’t have time to get even ordinary tasks done like sweeping or reading a book. I’ve been trying to take the teeny tiny moments in my day and just doing as much (or little) as I can in that amount of time. Bathroom needs cleaning? Get as much done as you can in the three minutes the baby is distracted with a toy in the next room. Even if I’m only reading a book for five minutes a day, if I’m doing it every day, it’ll eventually get done. So far it’s been pretty helpful!
2. Speaking of Wiley, she is into everything. She even started climbing the stairs this week. I totally thought I had more time before she started getting into everything!
3. I get a little sad every year when I see everyone’s back to school pictures. It feels like we’re missing out a little even though I know we have our own benefits being home together every day. I know I could do my own back to school pictures, but I’m not great at stuff like that and our school days are so laid back anyways that the first day always just kind of comes and goes without fanfare.
4. I’m not sure how I’m going to manage teaching multiple kids this year. So far it has been pretty chaotic, but I’m taking it one day at a time. It’s so hard to balance what I want our days to look like with how my kids learn best and what we can actually manage.
5. Jeron and I started watching Game of Thrones this week. So far I’m not super impressed, but I like having something to binge watch so it’ll do. Plus there are so many people obsessed with it that I figure it must get good!
6. I think there was some power last week in mentioning Pilates, I’ve been to like four classes since then and it’s been amazing! Seriously the hardest part of starting a new exercise routine is just taking the first step. I forgot how strong and fit Pilates makes me feel. Plus it’s so good for my posture!
7. I also found a new hiking spot around town and I’m obsessed. I’ve been heading out there every chance I get and finding new and exciting trails every time.
8. I rewarded myself for my new workout routine with some new exercise clothes for Old Navy. They’re super affordable, especially since they were having a 40% off sale. I’m sure they’ll probably have a Labor Day sale if you want to grab some things for yourself. I bought pants, pants, more pants, two shirts, and a jacket!
9. I made this vegan brownie for one twice this week (sorry kids). No refined sugar and a little chocolate are keeping everything in balance over here.
10. I’m ordering Indian food for dinner tonight. I’m pretty sold on the Chilly Eggplant. What’s your favorite dish?