1. I finally caved and did the system update on my laptop and now everything is a mess! I am strangely technologically stunted and only learn the bare minimum to get by with what I need to do. So when everything changes it’s hard to find the motivation to relearn everything. Bear with me as things are a little slow around here while I try to figure everything out!
2. Did you see my Instagram story unveiling my PopSugar Must Have Box? I love these boxes and they knock it out of the park every month with products worth way more than the cost of the box. Most of it is stuff that I would never give myself permission to buy myself, but is a fun surprise treat in the mail. If you want to try it out, use the code SHOP5 for $5 off your first box! (PopSugar was kind enough to send me a box for free, but I seriously do LOVE them!)
3. We’re getting family pictures taken next week for the first time in three years (yes, we’re terrible parents). I am the worst at stuff like this because it requires adult situations like coordinated outfits and smiling on command. I want us to look nice but natural, which is probably actually two different things at this point in our life…
4. There is not enough time in the world for how much I want to read everything on this list of amazing Wikipedia articles.
5. We’ve been homeschooling for about six weeks now and it’s going a little rough this year. I need to constantly remind myself that my homeschool doesn’t need to look like anyone else’s homeschool, and it especially doesn’t need to look like conventional school. Even though we’re struggling, I hate to give up when it’s hard and miss out on a time when it might be really great. Maybe I just need to unfollow a handful of people on Instagram because there is nothing beautiful, clean, or inspiring about the way our homeschool looks and it’s kind of stressing me out to see all these other kids doing flashcards and read alouds peacefully on bearskin rugs.
6. Did you watch the premiere of This is Us? Obviously NBC is filling a Parenthood sized hole in their programming and I’d say they’re doing a great job. All the feels.
7. Speaking of TV, we’ve made it halfway through season four in Game of Thrones (yes, we have no life) and it’s definitely gotten more interesting. The end of season three was INTENSE and I saw exactly none of it coming.
8. Jeron can no longer be trusted to cue up which episode we’re watching because he made the wrong choice on a VERY pivotal episode. It basically opened by completely giving away what had happened in the episode before which we had not yet watched. We’re still recovering from it.
9. I have very unusual tastes sometimes, which probably makes it ridiculous that I have a food blog, but you can’t stop me. Among things I hate with all of my being: mayonnaise, chocolate milk, coffee, and pumpkin spice anything. Autumn is one big pumpkin spice everything and I’m just not into it.
10. That being said, I have recently been able to integrate actual pumpkin thing into my diet without being grossed out. And yes, I added pumpkin pie spice to my pumpkin bread but that’s because God intended it to be pumpkin spiced!