1. Halloween with the kids was so much fun. We had Maria/Emma the witch (the name depends on when you asked), a ninja turtle, a ghostbuster, and a baby who let’s be real didn’t need a costume because she’s a baby.
2. Our street is a little sparse on houses, so we usually drive around the corner where the houses are closer together. So help me out here – the people in that neighborhood either hand out bags of chips or snacks, 2-3 pieces of candy per kid, or giant full-sized candy bars. Is this normal these days?? I’m curious if they’re just well off, competing with one another, or if that’s just the way it goes now. I feel like that never happened when I was a kid.
3. Today is the day. I don’t ever talk about politics here or on social media, but this day can’t go by without mention. I’m so glad it’s about to be over (oh, Lord, let it be over). I feel like whatever happens, happens. Either way it’s probably not going to be as good or bad as anyone thinks.
4. Jeron was gone all weekend, which meant a trip out for Indian food. He’s not such a fan, so we try to eat at the Indian restaurant in town any time he’s gone. It was so much fun taking the kids there and watching them try new things. They were very adventurous and we fell in love with all sorts of new tastes that we can’t even identify.
5. This article about Westworld is rocking my world. I especially love the multiple timeline theory, but thinking back I’m not sure it totally works. I can’t wait to see what happens!
6. Have we talked about the show Atlanta? Season one just ended and I loved it. Donald Glover is a genius in portraying comedy as well as race relations.
7. While we’re talking about tv, The Walking Dead. Their cliffhanger stunt at the end of last season took exactly all of the emotional punch out of the premier for me, and now I’m feeling a little who cares about any of it. It’s a little sad to see what was once the best show on tv fall so low. They had a good run at least.
8. I recently started reading Accidental Saints by Nadia Bolz-Weber. I kept hearing Nicole talk about it on her podcast, and with good reason. It’s very similar to where I’m at spiritually right now (at least what I’ve read so far) and a really refreshing read.
9. I may or may not have gotten cookie drunk over the weekend. It’s about to be a thing.
10. Wylie is going to be one this Saturday. I can’t believe how long and short this year has been. Things were pretty hard when I was cutting out foods for her, but have been pretty good lately (with the exception of a few teeth poking through causing sleepless nights). She’s such a fun little squishy thing with the best laugh I’ve ever heard.