1. My ebook, How to Become a Better Home Cook, is part of the Back to Basics Bundle Sale! This is a huge deal because not only can you get my book, but 70 other books, courses and videos (with a retail value of $747.09) for only $29.97! My book alone usually sells for $7, so I’d say that’s a pretty amazing deal. I’ll be sharing some of my favorite books from the bundle with you later this week, but if you want to jump on it head over to the sales page to have a look for yourself. The sale is live for one week only, so don’t forget!
2. How did I forget to talk about The OA in my last Slice of Life?! We finished it ages ago, and I thought it was pretty good, although some of the storylines got a little cliche. I feel like I was left with so many more questions than answers, which isn’t that both the best and the worst?
3. While we’re on the topic of tv, have you seen the season premiere of Homeland? I am sooo sad about Quinn, and that guy doing the videos is totally going to be the new Brody/Aayan, right?! Come on Carrie, get it together.
4. Jeron and I started to binge through Sherlock on Netflix. Is it mean to say it’s pretty good for a British show? Because it is so obviously British. We just love Martin Freeman!
5. My husband pulled out the Super Nintendo last week and we’ve been playing Super Mario World every night before the kids go to bed. How can something be both so fun and so stressful? My hands get seriously sweaty. Will someone just come and beat the Butter Bridge for me please?
6. Are you familiar with the concept of hygge? It’s basically about embracing winter and gettin’ all cozy. I keep trying to come up with something that might help me find a spark of joy in these dark, cold days, but so far I’ve got nothing. Cozy blankets, candles, and warm drinks just can’t compare to sunshine on my face and leaving the house without a coat. Maybe I’m not supposed to be comparing?? What do you do to make winter enjoyable?
7. I made this Quinoa Taco Meat for about the millionth time last week because it is amazing. I like it with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, corn, salsa, sour cream, and some crumbled sweet potato tortilla chips on top. Total health food if I didn’t eat so darn much of it.
8. I’m in a total podcast rut. Any suggestions for highly entertaining/not scary/not stressful casts I can listen to while walking on the miserable treadmill instead of out in the beautiful sunshine?