1. In case you missed my Instagram stories over the weekend, WE GOT A DOG. I swore this would never happen, but due to some unusual circumstances, here we are. He’s a German Shepherd named Murray. Actually his name was Deucalion but there was no way my kids were going to be able to say that so we named him after their favorite movie star Bill Murray.
2. I am not a dog person and am not convinced that I ever will be. That being said, he is kind of the best dog ever. No bark, no jumping. Those were two major requirements. It’s almost annoying just how submissive he is because he won’t stop following us everywhere. Which brings up new questions like, Do you let a dog see you naked? Please tell me the answer is no, never.
3. Right after we got the dog I took two of the kids up to the Twin Cities to meet my new niece. In a moment of hungry child/city traffic panic I took them through the McDonald’s drive-thru. I hadn’t eaten at a McDonald’s in over ten years, but I had heard that they were trying to add some healthier things to their menu. However, after getting to the drive-thru menu I couldn’t find a single thing without meat in it besides hamburgers. I’ll bet the lady working there is still laughing with her co-workers about me trying to talk her into making me something resembling food (for the record, I got a southwest salad with DORITOS on it).
4. As evidenced by the Doritos salad, I’ve been letting healthy eating and exercise take a backseat to pretty much everything lately. I’m trying to get that under control by joining some group fitness classes at my gym and snacking less or at least healthier. If I’m not hungry I don’t need to be snacking, someone send me a text to remind me that at 9 pm.
5. TV talk! I have a hard time keeping up with This Is Us because Jeron won’t watch it with me, but I’ll be darned if it doesn’t make me cry every single time. They are just cruel. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to catch up, so don’t spoiler me on the finale!! I’m so excited that Love is back with it’s second season. It’s fun to watch with Jeron because we had that lovey new-relationship stage when we were still teenagers, which makes dating in your 30’s seem crazy! I’m also still totally obsessed with Girls and Crashing. I am officially shocked by Hannah’s storyline this season (and so sad about Elijah’s reaction), but super excited to see where it goes!
6. I have a bunch of my old but wonderful props for sale on Forkified right now! Go have a look around and let me know if you see something you want!
7. I had a dream the other night where I was time traveling, and part of the process was you needed to hold a slippery fish. Because time is a slippery fish. Like, my kids are getting older, how did that happen, oh, it’s because time is a slippery fish. Aaaaand now I can’t get over the idea that TIME IS A SLIPPERY FISH.
8. What are your favorite food blogs right now (besides me, obviously)? I’m kind of in a rut with who I follow and would love some new inspiration!