1. We’ve been suffering through the stomach flu around here the last couple of weeks (worst food blog topic EVER), hence the long silence on my part. The good news is we’re all on the up-and-up so you can expect lots more food in the days to come.
2. We also had a really busy week with both Casper’s birthday and Easter. Unfortunately both boys came down with the flu on Casper’s birthday and Jeron was sick on Easter, but I still feel like we made the most of things.
3. Despite still feeling a little sick myself I was able to pull together this chocolate loaf cake with cream cheese frosting for Cas. That kid would never tell you he doesn’t like cake but he seriously only eats the frosting every time. Next year I should just make him frosting shots.
4. While the kids were sick we rented Moana. I was overcome with jealousy for island culture. They’re outside all the time, it’s warm, and they basically just live their lives instead of spending all day on the internet like some people I know (ok, pretty much all the people I know, myself included).
5. Now that I’m feeling better and it’s getting so much warmer out I can’t wait to get back into running! I’m definitely adding some songs from the Swiss Army Man soundtrack (<– affiliate link) to my running playlist, but I’d love suggestions for other motivating music!
6. I bought way too much candy for the kids for Easter. I did happen to buy them a few little toys on a whim from the Target dollar spot and they were a total hit. I should just buy out that whole section next year for sure.
7. Jeron and I were dragging out feet on this season of Homeland, but ended up binging through it all in a couple of days. I’m really impressed that they were able to bring it back to an interesting storyline, I mean how long can they really keep this going?
8. I was pretty disappointed in the series finale of Girls. I’ve loved watching those characters grow up, and I felt like the last episode just fell a little flat. Plus they glossed over SO MUCH.
9. I’m working on sprucing things up around here and it would really help me to know – if you had to describe the recipes you find on The Live-In Kitchen in one sentence, what would you say?