1. I went to replace the valves on my kids’ Camelbak water bottles and found out that the company replaces them for FREE! I would have done this ages ago if I’d known how easy it was. They already came and are perfect.
2. I feel like summer is already getting away from us. We haven’t even been to the pool yet and I’m already having heart palpitations thinking about fall coming. Wisconsin summer does not last forever, but I might be just a little bit dramatic.
3. Lola had her first gymnastics meet a few weeks ago and took silver for her age! Now Cas is in gymnastics too, and I’m hoping it will be a good source of exercise for them.
4. Food Blogger Pro and Pinch of Yum put on a food video bootcamp last week and it finally gave me the push I needed to make a video! Food Blogger Pro is actually open for enrollment right now if you want to join and they have all the goodies available there. I’ve also been following the editing tutorials in The Blog Village to get my editing chops back. I used to be a video editor before having kids and am LOVING being back at it! Ultimately I’d love to edit videos for other bloggers since production is not my favorite, so if you are a blogger who needs videos edited or wants to swap production for post production, hit me up!
5. I have been completely obsessed with the outdoors lately. I don’t know if it’s getting older or what but give me a good tree to look at and I’m golden.
6. Speaking of the outdoors, I really need to learn what poison ivy and oak look like because I just know I’m going to wander into some sometime and regret so many of my decisions.
7. How many paragraphs can we devote to tv?? Fargo was magical as always, but the finale episode just didn’t work for me. Specifically, things should be entirely resolved in the end and Jeron pointed out that when a car breaks down, it shouldn’t magically just start again with no explanation.
8. We’ve also been watching Orange is the New Black, which is a little meh (Piper is easily the least interesting person in the prison at this point). Jeron was gone for a few days and I binged through all of The Handmaid’s Tale, which was maybe not great for my mental health (spoiler: it’s disturbing).
9. I went for an insanely long run the other day (amidst previously mentioned trees) and at the end of it came across an enormous berry tree. Being a total type A rule follower, I assumed they would kill me if I ate them, but decided to be adventurous and eat a few (after doing as much mid-forest phone research that I could – I’m thinking they were mulberries). Since I didn’t die overnight I decided to take the kids back there the next day to pick as many as they could. They loved it and ate them all immediately, we didn’t even have any to bring home.
10. What are you digging into food-wise now that it’s summer? Burrata is finally available in my tiny town, so you may be treated to a creamy pasta recipe soon, and I’m going nuts on all the tomatoes.