1. These replicas of the Nina and the Pinta (Columbus’ ships) were docked in our town so we went down to visit them yesterday. I was too cheap to pay for the full tour, but they were pretty impressive from afar. I was blown away by the idea that people would live on that boat while it sailed all the way across the ocean. They’re so tiny!
2. We tried to take a road trip to River Falls over the weekend to visit family. I say “tried” because we drove for about an hour, stopped twice, and realized no one could handle the baby screaming for another two hours. It was very defeating, but we turned around and stopped at a beach not too far from home. We let the kids splash in the water and ate the pasta salad intended for our get together with our hands because we didn’t have forks. It actually ended up being fun but we were still sorry not to get to see our family. We’re supposed to go to Wisconsin Dells some time next week but now I don’t know if we can handle it?? We’re all traumatized.
3. I’m starting to think about homeschool so I’ll be mentally prepared for fall. We’re going full Charlotte Mason this year, which really involves a lot of supplementing from other places “for fun.” Would you be interested in reading about our plans for this year? My reader survey tells me no!
4. Speaking of, thank you all SO MUCH for your responses to my reader survey! I had braced myself for some negative feedback or “constructive criticism”, but you blew me away with so many kind words. I was really surprised to find out that most of you are not vegetarian and you would like to see more recipe roundups and videos! I will do my best to incorporate those into the blog into the near future.
5. Have you watched Stranger Things on Netflix? I mean HAVE YOU WATCHED IT?!?! I’m not going to call myself a sci-fi fan and I definitely don’t like things that could be considered horror, but I want to shout at you about HOW MUCH I love this show! It’s seriously one of my favorite things. It is so well written and nostalgic and beautiful and there’s a bunch of beautiful fan art that I’m obsessed with scrolling through on Instagram.
Other than that we’ve been at kind of a loss as to what to watch lately. We’ve been loving Last Week Tonight with John Oliver because it teaches us some legitimate real world stuff while still being funny. We’re totally dragging our feet through season two of Bloodline. How did it get so bad? I don’t think I’ve mentioned my new love for The Great British Bake Off. They’re so sweet in their simple dramas, they don’t draw things out or hype them up like America does in all it’s cooking competitions. They’re not even really competing for anything, just bragging rights and a little trophy!
6. I need to buy some new clothes for winter because four babies = none of my clothes fit right or don’t have stains or are in style any more. I’m still struggling to figure out my “style,” but I’m thinking about buying adult overalls?? Is this a bad idea?? Someone more fashionable than myself chime in here please.
7. What are you eating before summer is over? I’m knee deep in peaches and corn on the cob right now. Can’t. Get. Enough.
8. I just realized how many times I used sarcastic “quotes” in this post. “Sorry.”