How to ensure something is delicious:
This turkey panini is melty and flavorful. I love it with a grainy mustard, my husband loves it with mayonnaise. You could also use your other favorite flavor mustard, pesto, or whatever your mind can imagine. If you can’t find a good quality Italian bread you can use any old sandwich bread you have lying around. However I believe its the bread that really makes or breaks a sandwich and crusty Italian is the way to go here. If you want to skip the step of cutting and cooking the red pepper you could definitely buy a jar of roasted red peppers or substitute another favorite vegetable. What I’m really saying is, there are a million sandwich options for you and I don’t understand why you’re not eating one right now.
How do you make sure something is delicious?
Turkey, Red Pepper, and Spinach Panini
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 pound deli sliced rotisserie turkey breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- Grainy mustard, mayonnaise, or other condiments of choice, (optional)
- Preheat a panini press to High.
- Remove the core and seeds from the red pepper and cut into large two inch chunks. Brush lightly with olive oil and place in panini press for 5 minutes or until soft and slightly charred.
- On one slice of bread layer one slice of cheese, one quarter of the turkey, a few slices of red pepper, and a small handful of spinach. On another slice of bread spread mustard or other condiment of choice and place on top of the sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush the top and bottom layer of the sandwich with olive oil and place in the grill for 5-10 minutes, until crispy and golden and cheese is melted. Serve immediately or let cool slightly.