Cream Cheese Icebox Brownies
Deeply chocolate brownies, taken to the next level with cream cheese and a trip to the freezer!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and whipped with a little heavy cream if desired
Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Butter an 8x8 inch baking pan.
Melt the chocolate, butter, and brown sugar in a large sauce pan over low heat. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and eggs and combine. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk until smooth. Gently fold in spoonfuls of the cream cheese, allowing it to marble the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
Allow the brownies to cool before slicing into bars. Place bars in a sturdy zip top bag and store in the freezer. Allow to freeze at least two hours before enjoying straight from the cold.
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 3.5mg