Healthy Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
A healthy vegan salad made with kale and other bright veggies, then topped with a spicy peanut butter dressing.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled into ribbons or julienned
- 1 bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup peanuts or cashews, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 2-3 tablespoons water
Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Place all the dressing ingredients except the water in a mason jar, close tightly, and shake to combine. Add water one tablespoon at a time, shaking to combine, until the desired consistency is met.
Pour dressing over individual servings of salad and toss gently to combine. Store any leftovers separately and add dressing just before serving.
If you don’t have a mason jar, you can combine the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk or fork.
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 968mg | Potassium: 1016mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 12400IU | Vitamin C: 104mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 3.4mg