Vegan Cookie for One
A big, single serving cookie that you’d never guess was vegan.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Skinny Sticks Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons semisweet or bittersweet vegan chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt or more coarse kosher salt for sprinkling on top optional
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda and stir until completely incorporated.
Add the chocolate chips and stir one more time to combine.
Scrape the dough into a ball and place on the prepared parchment paper, flattening slightly if necessary. I like to press a few chocolate chips into the top of the cookie. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired.
Bake 8-9 minutes or until just starting to dry out on top. The cookie should still be soft. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before enjoying.
A few ideas to customize your vegan cookie for one:
- Substitute whatever nut butter you have on hand for the almond butter
- Divide the batter into two cookies to share, baking the same amount of time
- Cut the recipe in half for one smaller cookie
- Chop up a chocolate bar and use in place of the chocolate chips for an ultra melty cookie
- Use mini chocolate chips to get a little bit of chocolate in every bite
- Use a gluten-free flour blend and gluten-free oats to make this a gluten-free cookie for one
Calories: 721kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 434mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 48g | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 6.3mg