Easy Minestrone Soup
A healthy, vegan, easy minestrone soup recipe without pasta but with lots of vegetables and beans.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 15 ounces canned great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for another minute.
Lower the heat to medium and add the tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the broth and beans. Bring to a simmer.
Add the salt, pepper, and spinach, breaking it up as you drop it in the pot. Serve immediately or let simmer on low for several hours.
Ladle into bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with crusty bread.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1014mg | Potassium: 872mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6015IU | Vitamin C: 18.1mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 4.2mg