I recently discovered my daughter is really good at puzzles. She has two 36 piece puzzles that she can put together in no time at all. Meanwhile my son pulled the handle off the refrigerator. Let’s not talk about how that boy is testing me.
Lola was getting so fast at her puzzles that they were really starting to lose their magic. So I did the only thing a good parent would do. I challenged her. I pulled out an unopened 750 piece puzzle we’ve had around the house for years (we obviously love puzzles).
This one is proving much more challenging for her. I guess you could say I’m putting together a 750 piece puzzle. She’s loving the challenge though. She’s also loving just running her hands through the mounds of pieces.
This pasta is definitely not challenging. The sauce comes together in the time it takes to boil noodles. Its perfect for a night you want something quick, cheesy, comforting, healthy… it sounds like maybe you don’t know what you want. But this pasta is perfect for any and every night of the week.
Did I mention I spent my morning doing puzzles and stickers and laying in bed telling stories? God bless little girls.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and tomatoes in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to break down, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the cheese and cook another couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Drain the pasta and combine it with the sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.