This Rainbow Feta Flatbread gives you all the beautiful colors you can find in summer produce on one tasty flatbread!
Roasted vegetables! Fresh vegetables! All the herbs! Get ready to put summer on a piece of crusty bread and shove it in your face!
Things have been pretty crazy around here the last few weeks. We had some flooding around our house which has given us plenty of shoveling and cleaning to do. We also had swimming lessons every day the last few weeks which was fun but kept us from doing any other summer activities we might have on our minds.
Now that we’re going to have more free time, I need to decide what summery things we have to do before it’s time to get back into school! Beach days, hikes, and ice cream runs are definitely on the list, what else should we do?
This Rainbow Feta Flatbread is a must-have of summer. Honestly you could make it any time of year, but it’s definitely going to be at it’s best right now. Veggies get roasted until brown and sweet, then added to a crisp flatbread with fresh veggies, herbs, and feta. I like mine with a side of hummus for protein, and it’s altogether the most savory/creamy/crispy/salty/delicious recipe I’ve made in a long time.
This Rainbow Feta Flatbread is easy to customize! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Spread hummus on the pizza crust after baking, then top as directed
- Use your favorite vegetables for roasting such as butternut squash, beets, or asparagus
- Swap swiss chard or kale for the baby spinach
- Add the cheese to the unbaked pizza crust just prior to baking
- Leave off the cheese and choose a vegan flatbread to keep this vegan
- Use gluten-free flatbread for a gluten-free version
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Rainbow Feta Flatbread
- 1 premade flatbread or pizza crust, (I used Stonefire artisan pizza crust)
- Olive oil
- 1 ear corn,, cut off the cob, or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 sweet potato,, peeled and cubed
- 1 zucchini,, cubed
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, sage, or dill, roughly chopped
- Hummus, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the corn, sweet potato, and zucchini in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and rub with clean hands to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven, stirring a few times, until soft and beginning to brown, about 35 minutes. Add the spinach in the last five minutes or so, the leaves will continue to wilt after baking.
- Meanwhile, brush the flatbread lightly with olive oil and bake according to package directions. I placed mine directly on the oven rack at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- Top the baked crust with the roasted vegetables, fresh vegetables, feta, and herbs. Cut into slices and serve with hummus for dipping if desired.