White Chocolate Blondies are made with brown butter and pistachios, making them a unique treat that will satisfy your sweet and salty craving!
Put on your sugar rush pants, because white chocolate blondies are about to give us a run for our money!
There are three awesome things going on here:
- White chocolate
- Brown butter
Any one on their own would make for an incredible cookie bar, but all three together make these irresistible!
How to make brown butter
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. The butter will begin to crackle and foam a bit. Allow it to cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the crackling subsides and the butter begins to turn a nutty brown.
Do not walk away from butter while it is browning because it can go from normal to burned in a matter of seconds. Just keep an eye on it and you’ll be done in no time, I promise!
Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the butter and all the browned bits to a large bowl. The browned bits are where all the nutty flavor lives!
These brown butter white chocolate pistachio blondies are sweet, brown sugary, crunchy, salty, and dreamy. White chocolate is usually paired with macadamia nuts, but I’m still on such a pistachio kick and I think they matched up perfectly here.
These white chocolate blondies can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Make them dairy free by using a dairy free butter and white chocolate
- Swap the pistachios for your favorite nut such as macadamia, walnut, or pecan
- Skip the browning and use 12 tablespoons of butter instead
- Swap the white chocolate chips for semisweet, bittersweet, or your favorite candy bits
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Brown Butter White Chocolate Pistachio Blondies
- 13 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shelled pistachios,, roughly chopped
- 1 cup good quality white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper so it hangs a bit over the sides, and then spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. The butter will begin to crackle and foam a bit. Allow it to cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the crackling subsides and the butter begins to turn a nutty brown. Remove from the heat and transfer the butter and all the browned bits to a large bowl. Allow the butter to cool slightly.
- Once the butter has cooled, whisk in the brown sugar until incorporated. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth. Fold in the flour and baking powder until the dry ingredients are no longer visible. Fold in the pistachios and white chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake 22-25 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You don’t want to over bake them or they will be dry. Allow the bars to cool before using the parchment to lift them out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.