Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls are made from wholesome, high protein ingredients like peanut butter, almond flour, and cashews. They’re naturally vegan and easily made gluten-free! This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting my business in this way, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Chocolate peanut butter protein balls are about to be your new favorite snack.
I almost didn’t share these with you because do we really need another recipe for peanut butter energy balls? Turns out the answer is yes.
A quick Instagram poll told me you definitely needed these in your life, and I’m not going to argue. They’re based off my other energy ball recipes which means you might already have these ingredients on hand.
This is such a quick and wholesome snack to put together on the weekend and have ready all week long. I’d recommend doubling the recipe if you have a large family or are really short on time since they’ll keep well but disappear fast!
How to make chocolate peanut butter protein balls
- Chop cashews in a food processor (affiliate link to the one I use)
- Add dates and chop again
- Add remaining ingredients and process until a smooth dough forms
- Using your hands, roll into balls
How long do protein balls last in the fridge?
Protein balls will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about one week. Mine always disappear much faster!
Can you freeze protein balls?
You can freeze protein balls in an airtight container for several months. Thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.
These chocolate peanut butter protein balls can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap the peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter
- Use honey in place of the maple syrup (not vegan)
- Use gluten free oat flour to make these gluten free
- Drizzle finished protein balls with melted chocolate, peanut butter, or roll in additional almond flour
- Add a few tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to the mixture before rolling
Try my other energy ball recipes:
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Place cashews in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates and process again until crumbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until everything is incorporated, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into about 10 balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week, or freeze for up to three months.