Caesar Pasta Salad makes a light yet satisfying lunch or side.
We’re throwing back to deli days!
In case you don’t remember, I worked a beloved stint at a local restaurant while I was in college, where I learned to cook all sorts of items that continue to be my favorite today. Hello Cheesy Hummus and Veggie Panini! We love you.
This Caesar Pasta Salad was one of my favorite things to grab a sample cup full of alongside a cup of Pesto Tortellini Salad and call it lunch because let’s be real, 10 hours a week at the deli was barely paying the bills. A little bit goes a long way because the pasta keeps it filling while the lettuce keeps it light. The best of both worlds!
I love this Caesar Pasta Salad for Labor Day picnics, school lunches, or a very non-sad desk lunch. I’m obsessed with these beautiful little cherry tomatoes I get at my local farmer’s market, but my own cherry tomato plants are going crazy now so I’ll definitely be using those. If you have any favorite cherry tomato recipes be sure to let me know, I’m putting them in everything right now just trying to keep up with the harvest!
I love this Asiago Caesar dressing (<— affiliate link) but you can use your favorite caesar dressing. This is even the same stuff we used to use at the deli! Unfortunately they closed up shop a few years ago, so it’s a good thing I remember how to make this myself. Also, can we talk about how easy this is?? Five ingredients, fifteen minutes tops, and barely even an instruction in sight.
This Caesar Pasta Salad is fun to customize! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add diced, cooked chicken if you enjoy meat
- Throw in some roasted chickpeas for extra protein
- Switch up the type of dressing you use for a totally different flavor combo
- Top with fried anchovies for a fancy and filling presentation
- Add some small croutons or fresh toasted breadcrumbs for extra texture
If you make this be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
Caesar Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and run under cold water until cool. Allow the pasta to air dry a bit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.