Spinach Pesto is a fresh and easy way to liven up any dish!
We’re in the middle of a green revolution.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram you’ve probably noticed that I’ve been eating green things every day like it’s my job. There’s just something about the warmer weather (and the thunderstorms, OMG) that has me lingering in the produce aisle.
It’s not just food though. The view out the windows in my house are finally filled with green and the light that filters through the canopy of trees into my back yard? It’s life giving. I’m straight up obsessed and maybe a little bit overwhelmed with emotion as to why I ever put myself through winter when all the green feels this good.
Let’s see if I can stop happy crying about grass long enough to talk about spinach pesto, mmmkay?
Spinach Pesto is so much better than it sounds. It sounds like it’s going to taste like a salad, but it doesn’t! It’s slightly spicy from the garlic and full of flavor with the walnuts and parsley. It’s super good for you (my uneducated opinion only, but still…) and goes great on just about anything.
How to use spinach pesto
- As a sauce for pasta
- Mix into a pasta salad
- Swirl spoonfuls of pesto into pasta bakes such as lasagna or penne
- Spread on a sandwich or grilled cheese
- Mix into scrambled eggs
- Use in place of pizza sauce on your favorite pizza (or egg pizza!)
- Thin it out with extra oil and use as a dressing for salads
I have my favorite recipe using this pesto coming up on Thursday, don’t forget to come back! If you make this (I’ve been making it a lot, you should too), be sure to leave a comment, rate it, and tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic,, pressed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired texture is reached. I like mine smooth and just a bit chunky. Serve over pasta, pizza, or sandwiches.