The Best Easy Vegan Salad boasts a variety of color, flavor, and texture. This amazing veggie salad uses just 9 ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are my own.
Don’t run away.
I know vegan salad sounds boring and healthy and no fun at all. Just give me a minute. TRUST ME.
It has been about a year now since I did the whole gluten-free vegan thing for Wiley’s sake. I honestly wish I could do it again because my skin has been looking pretty crazy lately and as it turns out there’s something about that diet that is just aces for my pores.
But alas, as much as I believe you can be healthy as a gluten-free vegan, my body straight up demands dairy and carbs. I am much better off eating a very balanced diet, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy something vegan once in a while.
There was one day during that dark, dark time in my life when I was for some reason or other trapped at the YMCA with the kids over lunch time. I was getting hangry, and had to nurse the baby, which meant I needed some nutrients.
I ended up calling a sandwich shop that was literally down the street and asking them to deliver because I couldn’t imagine hauling four kids over there. It ended up taking them an hour (!) to deliver like three blocks, but what arrived was worth it.
It was an enormous salad loaded with pretty much every veggie I’ve ever enjoyed. It was bright and satisfying and shoved all the hangries away.
Easy vegan salad dressing
If I’m being totally weirdo honest, I don’t usually put salad dressing on salads. Put it on pasta or maybe a sandwich and I see where you’re coming from. But straight up on veggies? I’m not so sure.
I kept trying to make a dressing to go with this salad and it was just like, no. Most often I squeeze on a little fresh lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil (<– affiliate link to my FAV), sometimes balsamic vinegar.
No need to prep anything or shake up a vinaigrette, just give everything a tiny splash and you’re good to go. Of course you could also just use your favorite store bought dressing.
Easy vegan salad ingredients
- Spring greens
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
Tips for customizing
- Add cooked chicken, steak, shrimp, or salmon for the non-vegans in your house
- Add some dry fried tofu or tempeh
- Add your favorite vegan or dairy cheese such as feta, cheddar, mozzarella, or parmesan
- Stuff the salad between two slices of bread for a hearty sandwich, similar to my best veggie sandwich
- Add sliced bell peppers or just use whole mini sweet peppers or pepperocini
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts and/or your favorite chopped nuts for a little extra protein
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
The Best Easy Vegan Salad
- 2 cups spring salad mix
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup julienned or ribboned carrot
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lemon juice, (optional)
- Olive oil, (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss together salad mix, cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, and onion.
- Divide amongst two bowls, then top with pepitas and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil to taste, or top with your favorite salad dressing.