This Vegan Baked Oatmeal is flavored with sweet vanilla, almond butter, and almond milk!
It’s healthy, easy breakfast season!
These fall months leading into the holidays are traditionally the most indulgent. Not to mention we’re putting on cozy sweaters and fleece lined leggings, or maybe an extra five pounds just to stay warm.
It’s definitely time to start the day off warm and healthy before eating too many cookies!
I’ve never been a huge oatmeal fan, but baked oatmeal? That’s a different story.
I like to think of this as one big oatmeal cookie that’s healthy enough to eat for breakfast. The almond butter keeps it rich and full of protein while the oatmeal itself cooks up into the most comforting texture.
I’m really not stretching when I say these taste like cookies. I like my baked oatmeal a little on the dry side so I can add lots of cold almond milk without it getting too wet. This is also a great tip for cooling it down quick for impatient kids who want that sweet smelling baked oatmeal hot out of the oven!
Just five minutes of prep go into this baked oatmeal, then it’s left baking while you get dressed, gather lost homework, or maybe go back to bed for a few minutes. Remember when we used to be able to do that?
This Vanilla Almond Vegan Baked Oatmeal is perfect as-is, but here are a few ways you might be able to customize it!
- Swap the almond butter and milk for cashew butter and milk, or your other favorite nut butter
- If you’re not vegan you can use regular milk if that’s all you have on hand
- Top the baked oatmeal with your favorite fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, or pomegranate seeds
- Chop an apple and mix it in before baking
- You can use a larger dish (up to 2 1/2 quarts) and reduce the baking time by five minutes
If you make this, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Coat a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the oats and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until set in the middle and beginning to brown around the edges. Serve immediately with an extra splash of almond milk and sliced bananas if desired.
If you only have a larger dish, reduce the baking time by 5 minutes.