This Almond Butter Toast Bar is a healthy buffet option for Mother’s Day, baby showers, kids’ parties, or any time you want to celebrate!
Welcome to my breakfast fantasy.
This almond butter toast bar is loaded with so many favorites.
Toasty, whole grain bread. Creamy almond butter in all the flavors. Fresh, plump fruit with a drizzle of raw honey and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Chocolate chips, cacao nibs, carob powder, and anything else that might make this feel like dessert brunch.
Ever since coming up with my vegan cookie for one and vegan cookie dough dip for two, almond butter just tastes like dessert to me. Which is FINE because it’s not dessert, it’s super healthy and full of protein.
That makes this almond butter toast bar ideal for both people who love to eat and people who love to watch what they eat. And that, my foodie friends, is what we call a win-win.
Also, I sliced up apples to use as toast as a gluten-free option! Just make sure you keep them separated from the bread to avoid cross contamination. This was so unbelievably delicious that I’m probably going to do it all the time now!
Because all these options could feel a little overwhelming, I’m going to share with you a few of my favorite combinations from the toast bar, ready?! Warning: I gave them cutesy names because WHY NOT?!!!
The Sweetheart – Toasted sourdough bread, topped with coconut almond butter (<— affiliate link to that tasty treat) and juicy, red, ripe sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips.
The Sophisticate (my personal favorite, and now daily breakfast indulgence)- Toasted whole grain Ezekiel bread, topped with creamy almond butter, sprinkled with chia seeds, carob powder, cinnamon, and a drizzle of raw honey.
The Apple of My Eye – A horizontal apple slice (seeds removed, I like a crisp apple such as gala, pink lady, or granny smith) spread with almond butter, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips.
I love how many places this toasty spread would be appropriate. Mother’s Day feels obvious, but I also love the idea of using it for a baby or bridal shower or children’s party!
This almond butter toast bar can be endlessly customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Make toast to order to keep things extra crispy, or keep toasted bread warm in a low temperature oven on a baking sheet and set out as needed
- Use any combination of nut butters such as peanut butter, cashew butter, crunchy almond butter, nutella, etc.
- Skip the toasting and make open faced sandwiches if serving for a children’s party
- If you’re feeling more controlling, pre-make a variety of topped toasts to present for easy grabbing
- Use whatever toppings your beautiful, creative mind can come up with!
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email. This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I make a small commission off the sale, which helps me continue providing you recipes!
Almond Butter Toast Bar
- Whole grain Ezekiel bread
- Sourdough bread
- English muffins
- Apple slices
- Almond butter any number of varieties
- Raw honey or honeycomb
- Carob powder
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- Banana slices
- Strawberry slices
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Fruit preserves
- Toast bread slices and arrange on a platter or in a basket. Place almond butters in various bowls with knives for spreading. Arrange toppings in bowls or on plates. I like to use a small sieve for dusting with cinnamon or carob powder.
- Spread slices of toast with almond butter, and top with any combination of toppings you desire!