Crispy Baked Black Bean Tacos are a vegetarian taco recipe that is full of protein, veggies, and crunch!
Are you ready to hear something weird?
One of my kids had a nightmare that we had to eat at Taco Bell. That’s all. She just really doesn’t like tacos.
Of course I think she’s nuts. Tacos are one of those grand foods that allow you to take just about anything, throw it in a shell, and enjoy.
They’re also incredibly easy to make. This vegetarian taco recipe is ready in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends where you don’t feel like doing much.
I warm my tortillas a few at a time in the microwave between damp sheets of paper towel to ensure they don’t crack while folding. If your tortillas do crack – don’t worry! You’re still going to end up with crispy, edible tacos.
How do you make black bean tacos?
Black bean tacos are super fast and easy! You only need 6 ingredients:
- Black beans
- Diced green chiles
- Chili powder
- Corn tortillas
How do you make crispy tacos in the oven?
Once you’ve filled your tacos, place them in a 375ºF oven for 15 minutes, flipping once. That’s it! They come out crispy, melty, and delicious.
These Crispy Baked Black Bean Tacos can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap butternut squash puree for the cheese and leave off the sour cream to make it vegan
- Leave out the black beans and add 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken for meat eaters
- Drizzle the finished tacos in an avocado sauce or dip into guacamole
- Swap the corn for 1/2 cup fajita veggies
- Stuff them full of even more cheese!
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Crispy Baked Black Bean Tacos
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 4 ounces canned mild diced green chiles
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, green chiles, chili powder, and cheese.
- Place three tortillas on a plate sandwiched between two dampened paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds. Place the warmed tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spoon the black bean mixture onto one half of each tortilla, then carefully fold over. The tortillas should stay folded, if not, press gently to get them to stick.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas until all the filling has been used. Spray the tops of the tacos lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and cook another 5 minutes until the tacos are lightly browned and crispy. Serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.