Foods I am currently obsessed with:
Sweet potatoes. Cubed and oven roasted with a drizzle of olive oil, I could probably eat these every day.
Black beans. The perfect food. It’s a vegetable! It’s a protein! I wish I had more uses for them.
Brownies. I’m on the hunt for my favorite homemade version (because the box is both amazing and not-so-healthy). Eat them warm with a drizzle of caramel or put them in the freezer and eat them ice cold. There are so many ways to enjoy brownies.
Avocados. Soft and slightly green, I will often just cube them up, coat them with lime juice and eat them with pita chips. When faced with bringing something to share at a baby shower last week, the choice was obvious. Guacamole.
They’re lucky I showed up at all with a bowl of this in my car.
If you prefer something chunkier, my pico de gallo with avocado has similar flavors with a more rustic appearance (read: less precise chopping and no smashing).
Great idea: make sweet potato black bean tacos with guacamole and have brownies for dessert. I’m coming over.
- 5 Haas avocados
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers,, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup finely diced tomato
- Peel and pit the avocados. Place them in a medium bowl and mash to a coarse consistency with a fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the tomatoes. Taste and adjust the salt or lime juice to suit your taste. Gently stir in the tomatoes. Serve at room temperature.