This Healthy Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing is vegan, gluten free, and delicious!
Look at all the colors in this vegan salad!!
I know I’m calling this a green salad, but let’s enjoy all the colors. I’m soaking up all the color, sunshine, and ice cream, I mean veggies, I can before I’m forced to admit fall is here. And while I can’t eat my Rainbow Feta Flatbread every day, maybe I can go every other with this vegan kale salad.
Almost everything in the main salad can be found at the farmer’s market this time of year, and pretty much everything in the peanut dressing is a year-round staple in my house. That makes this salad easy, healthy, and lovable!
A couple things worth noting – I wanted to call this a Thai inspired salad because there are already a few out there in the blogosphere that are similar, but I could find literally nothing that would suggest this is actually Thai inspired. Can any Thai friends help me out here?
I’m wondering why everyone seems to think this would be a Thai salad when it does not in fact seem to be. In an effort to be sensitive I’ve chosen to just call it what it is – glorious, healthy, and green!
Second of all, SRIRACHA PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING y’all! Peanuts and sriracha go together like brownies and chocolate. It’s a match made in heaven.
You can alter the heat level by adding more or less sriracha, but I like the burning feeling it left on my lips telling me I’m alive and I’m a healthy boss goddess.
Tips for customizing Healthy Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Butter Dressing:
- Swap out the peanut butter for cashew butter
- Use your favorite store-bought dressing for a speedy meal
- Buy pre-packaged chopped veggies to speed things up even more
- Use your favorite leafy greens in place of the kale
- Pulse everything in a food processor a few times for a chopped salad
- This salad is already vegan and gluten free, so you don’t need to take any extra steps!
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Healthy Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled into ribbons or julienned
- 1 bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup peanuts or cashews, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place all the dressing ingredients except the water in a mason jar, close tightly, and shake to combine. Add water one tablespoon at a time, shaking to combine, until the desired consistency is met.
- Pour dressing over individual servings of salad and toss gently to combine. Store any leftovers separately and add dressing just before serving.
Kimberly Baxter says
It looks very delicious maybe later I will try your recipe. Thanks!