This Pesto Flatbread Pizza is fast, easy, and loaded with savory flavors!
How Summer Are You?: A Quiz.
This week have you:
- a. Gone to the beach
- b. Gone to the pool
- c. Put on a swimming suit just to wear around the house because you were sweating
Your favorite beverage right now is:
- a. La Croix
- b. Iced coffee
- c. A lime based cocktail
Your favorite food right now is:
- a. Melon
- b. Anything with fresh herbs
- c. Cookies. I mean, the answer is always cookies, right??
If you gave any answer to any of these questions, YOU ARE SO SUMMER. Praise hands to the sky.
Summer means refreshing drinks, garden food, and all day water parties.
This pesto flatbread pizza combines so many of my summer favorites!
I always have copious amounts of basil growing right outside my front door. It makes the brightest, freshest pesto, which allows it to be enjoyed year round.
There’s also stringy, melty fresh mozzarella and plump sun-dried tomatoes. Add a few crushed red pepper flakes for maximum Italian flavor.
The best way to describe this pizza is savory. It has so many rich flavors that complement each other.
I know you guys are always looking for fast weeknight meals. Using packaged flatbread in this pesto pizza recipe keeps it under 15 minutes(!) without compromising on taste.
If you cut this flatbread pizza into small, bite size squares it can serve as an appetizer, or close two pieces up on each other to make something resembling a panini!
Pesto flatbread pizza can be endlessly customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Meat eaters can add shredded rotisserie chicken
- Vegans can use vegan cheese or leave it off
- Swap the sun-dried tomatoes for sliced roasted red peppers or halved fresh grape tomatoes
- Use regular shredded mozzarella cheese, or your other favorite cheese in place of the fresh mozzarella
- Top the whole thing with burrata after cooking
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Pesto Flatbread Pizza
- Preheat the oven according to flatbread package directions.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet and spread pesto over the top. Sprinkle evenly with pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake according to package directions (mine was 8 minutes at 400ºF). Cut and serve.