Chewy Peanut Butter Bites are a super simple wholesome snack that everyone will enjoy! Only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to make.
I’m a little bit obsessed with healthy treats. I have a whole Pinterest board devoted to them.
I have a definite sweet tooth but know that loads of sugar isn’t good for anyone, so I try to incorporate a little nutritious goodness when I make something sweet to snack on. While honey is still at its core just sugar, raw local honey contains some serious nutrients.
Side note: I kind of want to start a bee colony. Would my neighbors hate me? Would I hate me? What is involved? Does anyone want to co-op it? It just seems so exciting to have bees making honey in your own back yard!
Some might call this granola, but I consider it more of a healthy, chewy, shapeless cookie. While I did obviously crumble some into my Greek yogurt with some mini chocolate chips (yeah, you need to do that) I would not want to eat it in a bowl with milk.
This recipe for chewy peanut butter bites is almost a little ridiculous because its just. not. enough. I made this one day as a special treat for the kids and I to eat while watching a movie on the couch and it was gone in no time.
I feel like I’ve been saying this a lot lately, but if you have a lot of kids you might want to double this up.
More peanut butter recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Peanut Butter Larabars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
- Single Serving Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Chewy Peanut Butter Bites
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Place peanut butter and honey in a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Microwave 30 seconds and whisk together until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the oats until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Break into large chunks or bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.