This Chik’n Caesar Wrap recipe is sponsored by MorningStar Farms®. All opinions are my own.
Chik’n caesar wraps are my new on-the-go meal.
I love that these tasty vegetarian wraps can be enjoyed two ways. Serve them when the MorningStar Farms® Original Chik Patties are hot out of the oven or make a bunch to take for lunch at work, school, or on a picnic.
Chik patties are meatless chicken patties that are super crunchy and smell amaaaaazing when they’re cooking! My family couldn’t wait to get their hands on them.
The patties are made with plant based protein, but I know they would satisfy any meat lover reaching for one of these wraps. Chik patties are a familiar food for my kids while still being delicious, plant based, and easy to prepare.
Click here to learn more about MorningStar Farms and check for savings and grilling season tips throughout the summer!
Is caesar dressing vegetarian?
Caesar dressing is traditionally made with anchovies (fish). If you would prefer not to eat fish, you can make this easy dressing by using a combination of yogurt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, and capers, which will mimic the ocean taste usually brought about by anchovies.
This dressing comes together quickly in the time that the chik patties are cooking. You’ll want to taste and adjust the caesar dressing as you see fit. Start small with some of the stronger ingredients, like garlic, lemon juice, and Worcestershire, then add more if you think it needs it.
How to make a Chik’n Caesar Wrap
I like to choose a soft, high fiber wrap. Lay lettuce in the middle, then top with chopped tomatoes, Parmesan cheese (or a vegan substitute), and a sliced MorningStar Farms Chik Patty. Finally, drizzle with the caesar dressing.
To roll your wrap, fold up the bottom, then fold in the sides. Continue rolling up, tucking all the filling in tightly until you have a nicely rolled wrap. You could also leave one end open if you choose.
This Chik’n Caesar Wrap can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add a few small croutons if you like it extra crunchy
- Use a dairy-free yogurt to make this meal dairy-free
- Skip the wrap and serve as a salad or stuff into a pita
- Add other veggies such as shredded carrot or cubed cucumber
- Add a touch of honey or maple syrup to the dressing if you prefer it sweeter
- Use store-bought caesar dressing (check to see if it’s vegetarian/vegan if this is important to you) to make this recipe even easier
Looking for more vegetarian lunch recipes?
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Chik’n Caesar Wraps
Chik’n Caesar Wraps
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Original Chik Patties®
- 4 high fiber, whole grain wraps
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, or a vegan substitute
- Micro greens, optional
Vegetarian Caesar Dressing
- ¼ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained, some brine reserved
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, optional
- 2 teaspoons caper brine, optional
- Cook the Chik Patties according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. You may want to smash the capers a bit if you want a smoother dressing or you could run it all through a small food processor. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more brine, lemon juice, or white wine vinegar for more acid, or more Worcestershire sauce to make it more savory.
- Slice cooked Chik Patties into about 6 pieces. Lay out the wraps and evenly divide the lettuce, tomato, Parmesan, and chik patties into the middle of each. Top with micro greens if desired and drizzle with the dressing to taste.
- To roll the wraps, fold up the bottom half, then tuck in the sides. Continue rolling up, tucking the filling in tightly, until completely rolled. Slice in half if desired.
Don’t forget to click here to learn more about MorningStar farms and get inspired and save all summer long!