These Chocolate Chunk Blondies come out perfect every time!
I have no idea what the difference is between a blondie and a cookie bar. Maybe they’re the same? Maybe its regional? Either way I am a fan of both. Cookies and brownies are my all time favorites when it comes to dessert (hellooo texture!). Blondies are a perfect combination of both. You get the sweet, brown sugar taste of a chocolate chip cookie with the ease of baking a pan of brownies.
The chocolate chunks are essential to creating a really chocolatey bar. Slightly under baking is also important to keeping the bars moist. I had my way with these chocolate chunk blondies the day I made them and then promptly placed all leftovers in the freezer. That way I can just pop one in the microwave whenever a craving hits instead of feeling like I need to finish off the pan in three days to avoid being wasteful.
Because you know I’d rather eat three blondies than be wasteful.
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Greek Sea Salt,, or other coarse salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla and mix. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl between each addition, and mix on low until incorporated.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Add a little at a time to the butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle evenly with a few more pinches of salt. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares. Store leftover bars wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator.