John Snow Peas are an easy, vegan garlic ginger snow pea recipe inspired by John Snow for a Game of Thrones feast!
Today is a very exciting day!
Today I’m debuting my first recipe in a new series I’m doing in anticipation of the final season of Game of Thrones. I’ll be sharing about one recipe each month related to the series, which will debut in April. What better way to start things off than with one of my favorite characters – John Snow!
If you don’t watch Game of Thrones, feel free to scroll right down to the recipe, with maybe a stop at the customizing options. This is really just a recipe for garlic ginger snow peas that would be right at home next to my peanut tofu. There also might be a few minor spoilers, so let’s just say I warned you.
John Snow has been through a lot, and while we don’t know yet how things will end for him, we do know where he’s been. I kept this recipe simple because when it comes down to it, he’s a simple man motivated by his morals.
This snow pea recipe has nods to both his love interests. There’s spicy sriracha for the mother of dragons, and a bit of ginger because, you know, the Wildling.
I’m probably going to have to go back and re-watch a few seasons, or at least find some season recaps in order to remember everything that has happened so far. Binge watching is the best watching after all! Here’s an affiliate link to buy seasons 1-7 if you need to catch up too.
If you have a favorite John Snow moment, I’d love for you to share in the comments. And if you haven’t watched the show yet, I’d say get on it because there’s nothing worse than coming into a show after it’s over and having been spoiled on the ending because everyone was talking about it years before.
This recipe for John Snow Peas can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use more or less sriracha to taste
- I like to keep bottled ginger paste on hand for adding to recipes like this in place of fresh
- Add other quick cooking veggies to the mix like baby bok choy or bell peppers
- Serve alongside the best tofu, the best crispy tofu, or one of my other Game of Thrones recipes (coming soon!)
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Garlic Ginger Snow Peas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 8 ounces snow peas trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Coarse kosher salt
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add snow peas, garlic, ginger, and sriracha. Cook, stirring, for 2-4 minutes until the snow peas are slightly softened.
- Add sesame oil and sesame seeds. Stir and remove from the heat. Season with salt to taste.