These Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes are a super easy side dish that can easily be scaled up for a crowd!
Mashed potato lovers, hear me out for a second.
I know mashed potatoes get all the glory at Thanksgiving, and I get it, they totally should. However, they can be hard to keep warm and fluffy by the time the last person goes through the food line.
You also might have a few stray baby potatoes laying around after making all those mashers, and I’m all about eliminating food waste!
The solution to these very privileged problems is oven roasted rosemary potatoes. Crispy roasted baby potatoes are seasoned simply with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper for a super easy side dish that could easily be scaled up for a holiday and will still be tasty at room temperature if need be.
How do you make the best rosemary potatoes?
The best rosemary potatoes are made simply, with good olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. To achieve maximum crispiness, soak your quartered potatoes in cold water for one hour before drying completely and moving on with the recipe.
Does rosemary go with potatoes?
Rosemary and potatoes go together beautifully. The woodsy nature of rosemary is a perfect match for the earthy flavor of potatoes.
How do you use fresh rosemary on potatoes?
Pull the rosemary leaves off the stem. Finely chop the rosemary, then sprinkle on the potatoes before cooking.
What temperature do you cook rosemary potatoes at?
For this recipe we’re cooking at 400ºF. That will allow the potatoes to get soft inside while the outside becomes crisp.
How long does it take to roast potatoes at 400 degrees?
It takes one hour for the potatoes to become perfectly crisp. Stir once halfway through to ensure the brown evenly.
Should you cover oven roasted potatoes?
Do not cover your potatoes if you want them to be crisp. Covering them will trap in steam and soften them without letting them crisp fully.
These oven roasted rosemary potatoes can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Serve as breakfast potatoes alongside baked eggs and veggie sausage
- If you’re short on time you can skip the soaking, although the end result will be less crispy
- Swap the rosemary for other chopped herbs such as parsley or thyme
- Serve finished potatoes with homemade ketchup, your favorite hot sauce (<– affiliate link to mine!), or spicy bbq sauce
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes quartered (I used a tricolor blend, but any will work)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak one hour.
- Drain the potatoes and place them on a clean kitchen towel. Dry the potatoes as much as possible using the towel.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then use your hands to rub it around and coat all the potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes, stir the potatoes, then roast for 30 minutes more or until the potatoes are crisp and brown.