These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan are baked in the oven in a cast iron skillet until crispy, then sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese!
You guys love brussels sprouts.
I can’t say that about everyone I know, but I can say it about you. That’s because balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with garlic are one of the most popular recipes on this site!
I wanted to give you a variation today in case giant cloves of garlic and insanely aromatic balsamic vinegar aren’t your jam. My husband’s eyes tear up every time I throw balsamic vinegar in a pan, so I know he’s going to prefer this version.
This recipe is so easy that the video is almost too short to even share with you. All you need to do is trim and halve a few brussels sprouts, throw them in a hot cast iron skillet with some olive oil, and bake them until brown and crispy.
Once they come out throw some parmesan cheese on there and a little salt and pepper and you’re good to go! Roasting is my favorite way to eat this healthy veggie because it brings out all the flavor and gives them the best texture.
I can usually find brussels sprouts year round at my grocery store, but for some reason they feel quintessentially fall to me. This would be a stellar Thanksgiving side dish, or great alongside the crispy tofu I shared last week.
If you’re not a brussels sprouts fan I really urge you to give this recipe a try. It’s so easy, and roasted veggies are always the best!
These roasted brussels sprouts with parmesan can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Throw a few whole cloves of peeled garlic in with the sprouts before baking
- Sprinkle the brussels sprouts with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder after baking
- Add a dash of balsamic vinegar after baking, before the cheese
- Use vegetarian parmesan for a completely vegetarian version, or sprinkle with nutritional yeast (affiliate link) or vegan parmesan to make it vegan
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is rippling, add the brussels sprouts and arrange in a single layer, cut side down. Let cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then transfer to the oven and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, 25-30 minutes or until brown, soft, and crispy on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle immediately with parmesan cheese.