I created this fresh strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars using Walmart Produce. All opinions are, as always, my own.
I can’t get enough fresh summer produce, and today we’re putting two of my favorites together in this strawberry spinach salad!
I was excited when Walmart asked me to use their produce to create some mouthwatering recipes because this meant another excuse to make a light, fresh salad! There are so many flavors and textures going on here.
The strawberries are sweet, the walnuts are crunchy, the gorgonzola is tangy. The dressing is a cross between the typical mayo-heavy poppyseed dressing and a light vinaigrette. Greek yogurt gives it a bit of creamy tanginess and is balanced out by the honey and poppy seeds.
How to make the best strawberry spinach salad
Toss spinach, strawberries, walnuts, and gorgonzola together. Top with poppy seed dressing just before serving. It’s so easy!
How to make poppy seed dressing
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, Greek yogurt, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. Toss with the salad just before serving or store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
I don’t often put fruit in my salads, but I couldn’t pass up these strawberries. They’re reaching their peak right now which makes them so plump, red, and juicy. What’s great about Walmart produce is they offer a 100% money back guarantee, so even if there was one bad berry hiding in the middle of the pint they’ll give you a refund no questions asked.
This Strawberry Spinach Salad can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap feta for the gorgonzola if you don’t like blue cheese
- Experiment with adding or swapping other fruits such as raspberries or blueberries
- Prepare the dressing up to three days in advance and toss with the salad right before serving
- Add thinly sliced red onions and diced avocado
More tasty salad recipes
- Summer Salad with Fruit
- High Protein Vegan Salad with Hummus
- Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- 5-6 cups baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries,, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toss the first four ingredients together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well combined. Serve dressing on the side or drizzle over the top and toss. Serves 2-4.